So you want the best for your family.
And your family’s health and well being are important to you.
But what do you look for when choosing from the zillions of products out there ???
The Quality of a Product
The quality of a product depends on:
a) the quality of raw materials going into manufacturing the product.
b) the skill of crafting or manufacturing the product.
c) the independent verification of product claims.
We will therefore examine the raw materials, the manufacturing systems and processes and independent standards agencies to help us select the best products for our family’s health, fitness and beauty.
Depending on the product being produced there will be a wide range of raw materials to consider.
Are Raw Materials From Organic Farms?
For the purpose of this discussion we’ll limit our examination of raw materials to the production of health and food supplements, beauty and skincare products and household cleaning products.
Raw materials for the products under discussion may be derived from:
- Plant based sources.
- Animal based sources.
- Chemical formulations.
- Or a combination of any of the above.
Where the raw materials used are mostly plant-based ingredients consideration must be given to farming methods, harvesting and manufacturing protocols. Here questions of organic farming or use of pesticides and chemical fertilizers become relevant.
Where materials used are from animal sources, consideration must be given to methods of livestock rearing and management. Here questions of organic or conventional methods are relevant.
Where raw materials are from chemical formulations, questions of formulas, absorbtion efficiency and side effects become relevant.
Our research shows that for the products under discussion, plant based raw material sources from organic farms are best.
The production of vitamin and mineral supplements, beauty and skin care products and household cleansers worldwide is big business.
Are Manufacturing Processes Fully Owned From Start To Finish?
An overview of the industry can show manufacturers in the following categories:
1. Contract Manufacturers – these manufacturers obtain their raw materials from plant, animal or chemical sources. Their manufacturing processes are generally basic. They are in business to produce products for any investor who wants a brand name product, to set up a marketing and distribution system. The investors’ main focus is to make a profit but is not necessarily interested in source of raw materials, formulas, absorption efficiency, standards or protocols.
2. Partial Owners Manufacturing Process – these manufacturers may own the manufacturing plant but do not own or control the source of raw materials they use for manufacture. Their manufacturing processes range from basic to technologically and scientifically advanced. They are in business to produce their own brand of products. They are generally interested in source of raw materials, formulas, absorption efficiency, standards and protocols.
3. Fully Owned Manufacturing Process – these manufacturers control the manufacturing process from start to finish. They own or control the production of raw materials as well as the manufacturing processes and systems. Their manufacturing processes are generally technologically and scientifically advanced. They are in business to produce their own brand of products and pay special attention to the quality of raw materials, formulas, absorption efficiency, standards and protocols.
Our research shows that for the products under discussion, fully owned manufacturing organisations controlling processes from raw materials to finished products are best.
Anybody can claim to be world #1. The test to verify that claim is taken on by independent organisations that use rigorous criteria and is recognised worldwide as credible and reliable judges for industry.
Are Product Claims Independently Verified?
Two such organisations are: Euromonitor International and NSF International
Euromonitor International is the world’s leading independent provider of strategic market research. They create data and analysis on thousands of products and services around the world.
NSF International is a global standards bureau dedicated to protect and improve human health. They do so by establishing public health standards and offering certification for food, water, consumer products and the environment.
Our research shows that manufacturers who submit their product claims for independent scrutiny, compete to produce the best quality worldwide brands. The consumer will however, have to look at the various claims to determine the best product for their particular need.
Convenience Products or Brand Products Selection
With all the above information you are now in a better position to choose between mass produced and mass distributed convenience products and products that can pass the following test:
Our List Of Top Brands Pass The Test !
- Appropriate and top quality raw materials.
- Fully owned manufacturing processes focusing on quality of raw materials, formulas, absorption efficiency, standards and protocols.
- Product claims that are verified by independent internationally recognised market research and standards agencies.
Discover Our List of Top International Brand Names that Pass Tests 1, 2 and 3 above.
Click Here to subscribe and discover more!!
Updated: October 5, 2020
© Copyright by Permission of:
ACandi Marketing Enterprises,
PO Box 2071, NMC, Piarco, Trinidad, W.I.
© Copyright All Rights Reserved.